Main reasons I disagree with making microchip implants compulsory:
Studies linkink Microchip Implants to Soft Tissue Sarcomas STS (Cancer) across a wide range of species. This should signal the need for further study, but oddly enough Veterinary Associations ignore the signal data, why?.
- Marta Vascellari’s work in dogs:
- Microchip associated tumours in Cats
- Microchip associated tumours in Rats
- Microchip associated tumours in Mice
- Microchip associated tumour in a Bat
- Microchip associated tumour in a Shrew
- Microchip associated tumour in a Common Marmoset
Design flaws built into Microchip Implant Self-report Scheme developed by The Microchip Advisory Group (MAG)
- The Microchip Implant Self-report Scheme under-reports consistently year on year, mentioned by both Fred Nind past chairperson of the Microchip Advisory Group and current chairperson Chris Laurence
- The largest flaw is the implantation site itself. The Microchip Advisory Group (MAG) recommends implanting in the scruff or Zone A
- Veterinary Surgeons who implant a microchip are unlikely to admit a procedure recommended and carried out by them caused an adverse reaction
- If the reaction is not at the site of the implant then how could we connect the microchip implant to the reaction?
- Adverse reactions need Fine Needle Aspiration biopsies or autopsies for detection
- Many implanters are not Veterinary Surgeons. Some are ordinary people who attended a three-hour course and have no connection with the veterinary practice the animal attends
- Many Veterinary surgeons do not know how to report reactions and therefore could not report them
- The largest problem the majority (estimated at two thirds) of dog owners who already ignore the licensing schemes run by local councils.
- Fifty-five companies use the three digit, 900 shared manufacturer code numbers on their tags.
- Transparency of Microchip Implant Tag Number Structure
- Cloning RFID Animal Implants - A practical demonstration
The dangers with RFID Dog Microchip Implant are as follows:
- Insurance companies gain access to your pet’s details and habits and either won’t insure your dog or adjust premiums upwards. This could also interfere with your own insurance also
- Companies use lists bought from Microchip Implant companies to target consumers with specific goods tailored to their pets or lifestyle.
- Criminals hack a Veterinary Surgeons Microchip Implant Database
- Criminals hack a Charity Microchip Implant Middleware Database or a Third-party Middleware Database
- Criminals hack the Microchip Implant Database
- Criminals Clone your Dog’s RFID tag number
- Criminals activate a device using your dogs 15 digit Microchip Implant number
- An abusive ex-partner stalks you using a microchip implant database to locate their dogs home address.